NMD Social Enterprise
SENMD is a Newry Mourne and Down District Council programme delivered jointly by Newry & Mourne Enterprise Agency and Down Business Centre. The programme provides a flexible and tailored menu of support to individual social entrepreneurs and community groups wish to explore social enterprise as a sustainable model for meeting a social need.
Social Enterprise Newry Mourne Down provides support to help:
- Social Innovation and Ideas development
- Market Research
- Company Setup and legal issues
- Business planning skills and financial projections.
- Levering in start-up funding
- Advice on how to recruit and manage employees.
- PR and marketing advice.
- Leadership skills: How to communicate organisational vision.
- Business growth and opportunity management.
- Mentoring and Coaching
The programme will also facilitate co-operation and co-production to strengthen the social enterprise network across the council district through building partnerships, group mentoring and networking events.
Participants on the programme include those working in tourism, social farming, horticulture, craft, education and training, retail, workspace provision, healthcare, childcare, catering, day-care, health & wellbeing, sport, counselling, media production, alternative therapies, yoga and meditation.